EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY FEB 14TH.
ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY FEB 21ST.
The GD JIU-JITSU Events in association with the Arizona State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (AZSBJJF) is proud to announce the 6th AZ International Open. The competition will take place on February 26 & 27th at the Westwood High School located at 945 W. 8th St. in Mesa, AZ 85201.
Gracie Mag will be covering the event.
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition will offer kids, juveniles, Adult (Male and Female), Masters and Senior Divisions.
IMPORTANT: Registration will be closed for the Kids division after 230 competitors. Registration for Juveniles, Adults, Masters, seniors, and Women will be closed after 450 competitors.
GD Jiu-Jitsu Events will be offering FREE tournament T-Shirts to ALL competitors who Pre-Register for the tournament by the PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE on Monday February 14th @ 11:59 PM. Competitors registered AFTER this time will NOT receive a T-Shirt.
Each competitor must fill out the registration form online. The Pre-registration fee is $55 for the adults and juveniles (16-17 yrs) or and $45 for the kids division until February 14th. After this date, $65 for adults and juveniles and, $55 for the kids.
All registrations must be received by Monday, February 21st by 11:59 pm. No registrations after this date. Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
The brackets will be released before the tournament. On Friday, February 25th, the brackets will be available online at our website.
Adults Division – The tournament is single elimination. Medals will be awarded to the 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place of each division. Athletes will not compete for the third place. Two bronze medals will be given.
Kids Division – Every competitor will receive a 3 1/2″ medal, and a Diploma. This is a single elimination tournament, but if the child loses in the semi-final, they will compete again. Top 4 are guaranteed in the podium.
Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship Sponsorship:
All Division winners in the Juvenile, Adult, Master, and Senior Divisions will receive a raffle ticket to win an 2011 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship Sponsorship package.
- Airplane ticket to California
- Registration Fee to compete at the 2011 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship
- Hotel room reservation for 2 nights
*Restrictions of the paid airfare for the 2011 European JJ Championship:
- Must win at least one match to qualify for for Raffle
- Must be present to win
- Prize is non-transferable
- Prize has no cash value, cannot be redeemed for cash
- If winner is unable to participate at the 2011 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship, Package will be replaced by sponsorship to ALL AZSBJJF tournaments for the 2011 year.
- Winner must contact the AZSBJJF by or before March 8, 2011 for Flight Booking
- The AZSBJJF will only cover the EARLY registration price for the 2011 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship
Every child has a chance to win the prize, regardless of win or loss.