With official confirmation of a final preliminary-card bout, the lineup for next month’s UFC 143 event is now complete with 11 fights.
The final addition to the card is a welterweight bout between Dan Stittgen (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and fellow newcomer/injury replacement Stephen Thompson (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
UFC 143 takes place Feb. 4 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Main-card action airs live on pay-per-view while FX carries the preliminary card.
In the headliner, former WEC champ Carlos Condit meets ex-Strikeforce titleholder Nick Diaz for the UFC interim welterweight title. The winner is expected to meet reigning champ, Georges St-Pierre, who’s currently sidelined following a recent knee surgery, later in the year.
The full UFC 143 card now includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz (for interim welterweight title)
- Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
- Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
- Jorge Lopez vs. Matt Riddle
- Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
- Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
- Rafael Natal vs Michael Kuiper
- Dan Stittgen vs. Stephen Thompson