All the controversy and cancellations and changes that led to UFC 152 finally culminate next week.
UFC officials recently released a new extended video preview for the pay-per-view event, which features a light heavyweight title fight between champion Jon Jones (16-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) and Vitor Belfort (21-9 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and a flyweight title fight between Joseph Benavidez (16-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Demetrious Johnson (15-2-1 MMA, 3-1-1 UFC).
The nine-minute video also features a middleweight contenders bout between Michael Bisping (22-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) and Brian Stann (12-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC).
UFC 152 takes place Sept. 22 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. The main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.
Jones defends his title for the fourth time after wins over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans. He fights Belfort after the now well-documented controversy that ensued when original opponent Dan Henderson dropped out of UFC 151 with a knee injury and Jones refused a fight with Chael Sonnen. The UFC then canceled the Sept. 1 event in Las Vegas altogether and tried to match up Jones with Machida in Toronto. But Machida turned down that fight, opening the door for Belfort – who moves up from middleweight for the first time since 2007.
The full UFC 152 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay per view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort – for light-heavyweight title
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson – for inaugural flyweight title
- Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann
- Matt Hamill vs. Roger Hollett
- Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Vinny Magalhaes vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Evan Dunham vs. T.J. Grant
- Lance Benoist vs. Sean Pierson
- Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Seth Baczynski vs. Simeon Thoresen
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel Watson
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke